Two Worlds Together

Two Worlds Together

vrijdag 1 april 2011

Indiana Bas and the Kingdom of the Turquoise Collar


Geez! Where's John Williams when you need him, I could really use some music here. Let's see how does Mom do that Youtube thing...oh, never mind just hum the theme music to "Raiders of the Lost Ark" as you read this. Bas here and boy have I had some adventures lately. I've got to be careful because a few of those adventures Mom and Dad weren't too happy about, but ya gotta take the good with bad right?!


My adventures began one evening when the wind blew open the back gate to my yard. I went to investigate and discovered a few amazing scents. Well, I had to find out what these were so I just walked myself right out the gate . Unfortunately, I did this without telling Mom and Dad first, but hey, Mom's always asking me to walk myself anyway. Hmpfh..like 3 walks for a total of 2 1/2 hours a day is a big deal. Anyway, I started my adventure in the back alley, now where it went from here I must keep secret for reasons of Homeland Security...if I tell you then Mom will know and I won't get a cookie for a week. I will tell you though as I was out on my journey, I came across a nice lady who really liked my collar...so as she was looking at it I kindly slipped out of it and let her keep it. I enjoyed Overdinkel for about an hour and a half then Mom came riding up on her bicycle. Well, I had to show Mom all the new things I discovered so I ran straight to her..then right past her..till she called me back. Can you believe it?! She didn't want to go exploring with me. Apparently, neither Mom nor Dad liked the idea of me out by myself too much. They weren't too mad though, in fact, they were so glad to see me they just showered me with hugs and cookies. They didn't even ask where my collar was.


Ahhhh..Spring...and love is in the air. You can't fight it no matter how hard you try. That's what happened on my next little adventure...the search for romance. You see, a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do....and no fence can hold him back. Hey, I'm human...I mean a dog and I have feelings and urges, too. So when this pretty little Chow Chow down the street kept walking past my window well, I had to go for it. I had to find out who she was and where she lived. No obstacle was going to stop me including the gate on the other side that's a bit too short...but just right to jump over. Hey, when you're in love you can leap tall buildings right?! My quest began as I vaulted the gate, but was abruptly ended when Dad found me 10 minutes later. Alas, I didn't find my dream girl, but it was still a fun little adventure.
Now I bet you are wondering where the whole turquoise collar comes into play. Well, since I so kindly gave the nice lady my old one, Dad got me a new one. Nice buffalo leather with little turquoise and pewter studs. Yep, I'm the stylin' stud now.
Since my two little adventures were not approved in advance my further adventures have been confined to the backyard under strict supervision and trust me they are watching me like a hawk. I have, however, made up for my little indescretions and have lent a paw in re-doing the back yard. That's me helping in the pic...I'm flattening the dirt for Mom.


I did get to go to Duivelhof, I led Dad and Mom all over. I gave them the grand tour letting my nose lead the way. You humans don't know what you're missing having your noses up so high. You gotta get down and smell the earth, it tells it's own story. We enjoyed the nice walk, met some frogs although I hurried my peeps away...the frogs needed a little privacy...it's Springtime for frogs, too ya know. Mom tried to get me to go in a little creek....if I was meant to swim I'd have fins and I don't. Met up with a young fella, cute little beagle and we chatted for a sec then we all headed back home.


Well, just telling about all my adventures is wearing me out. So it's time for my nap. Catch a later. Oh, and you can stop humming now.






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten